Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday night update on Bill

I just talked to Phil. Today was a good day for Bill. He opened his eyes. He would look at them & follow them with his eyes. He responded to simple commands (blink eyes, squeeze hand, wiggle toes). Phil said the nurse asked Bill if he wanted an ice cream cone & he nodded his head yes! He has to get well enough to eat one now! Apparently, there is nothing wrong with the kidneys, as they appear to be doing their job just fine now.

I told Phil that I am not going to go back up there. Both times I've gone Bill has had REALLY bad days! I don't really think that has anything to do with it, but it is true that he had bad days when we tried to go see him.

It is cold (for us) in South Texas. Or Central Texas. Or whatever part of Texas San Antonio is really a part of. It was so warm at one point today that I had the air conditioning on in the car. Tonight we will have a fire in the fireplace. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr outside!

Keep praying for a miracle! We told Bill yesterday he has to get well so he can fuss at Ruth. Then Phil told him, "WE don't want to do it!"

If you don't have Ruth's cell phone number, please send me an e-mail to cheflag@satx.rr.com & I will get it to you. She doesn't always answer, but you can leave messages for her. I don't know if there is a phone in the ICU room or not. He is at Scott & White in Temple so you can also try calling there.

I think when my mom goes for surgery next month we need to tell the doctors that ICU is NOT an option! LOL!

More news tomorrow. After we sleep in. Without having to get up early. With no alarm clocks going off. And no meetings. And no trips. Except to the library. Good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lori, yes I do want Ruth's cell #, have been reading your blogs keeping up with Bill's progress---sincerely Jerry & Maxine