Thursday, January 10, 2008

Bill's surgery is set for Monday

My father-in-law, Bill, is set for surgery to remove part of his bladder (and the tumor that is dying in his bladder) on Monday, the 14th. This was originally set for this past Monday, but got moved. This will be in Temple, Texas. Phil will go with them & I'll stay here with the girls.

He talked to his mom tonight & found out they'd had to take Bill to the ER either last night or today (I can't remember which). He had some gastrointestinal issues, lost a lot of fluid & when they got him to the ER, his blood pressure was VERY low. They used an IV to put fluids back into him & he was doing well enough to go home. Their good friend, Joel Houston, had to help Ruth get Bill into the car. Times like this are when it's hard to live further than "down the road" from our parents. Mine live in a different city, but it is still "down the road" just about 35 minutes from us! Please pray for the doctors and for Bill & Ruth as they go into this surgery.

The girls & I are supposed to travel to Houston on Friday for a Pampered Chef show at my niece's house. They have both had strep throat, and I am hoping not to have it.

Thanks for standing with us in prayer!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'll be praying, Lori...

Anonymous said...

Lori, I will keep FIL in my prayers. Keep us posted. HUGS!!! Laurie