Monday, March 31, 2008

The Waiting Game

I LOVE my business. Well, I LOVE when I have business. Last summer when Phil's dad got sick & we thought we might be moving, Phil asked me to not do any live shows with my business. In the fall, it picked back up & I had some shows scheduled for January. Needless to say we had to postpone those shows, then we lost Bill in February, and by then I had not had the time or energy to call & get shows booked for March. I've had several wonderful friends who've done catalog shows to keep me afloat. Thank you!

As a director, I have goals I have to meet monthly, and my team has to meet a certain amount of sales monthly, as well. Really, the amount is quite feasible, in a normal month, when I am working. The beauty of owning your own business is that you can set your own schedule. The downside is that if no one tells you when to work, you don't work! In January and February, my team was not able to meet our goals, mainly because I was not working. THEY were doing a great job. But, with my business, if I have 3 months in a row where we don't meet goals, I forfeit my role as director. That means the loss of my team (aka "downline," consultants who signed up with me), and the loss of additional income that has been very helpful. I've been sending out notes about special sales & calling people. God has provided SO many sales for both me & one consultant who has some shows to turn in. We are still a little bit short. If you think about it, would you say a prayer that I can keep cooking with this business! I am ready to go cook for people and help my team. Thanks!

You think that dryer is dry yet, or do I need to add another post?

No comments: