Saturday, March 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to me, I live in a.....

Wait a minute! Zoo doesn't rhyme with me! Oh, well.

Today is my 25th birthday. Again. My niece & I are the same age now! LOL! Okay, so maybe I wasn't born 25 years ago, or even 30 years ago, but it is my birthday.

I got to sleep really late today. I woke up & Natalie greeted me with a big, "Happy Birthday" & a hug. Bethany was coerced into doing the same. She has figured out how to send cards from sites like Barbie.com, so she sent me 2 cards. She asked what her e-mail address was. I had to tell her she didn't have one, so she sent it from "Beth@google.com" which was pretty creative! Then Natalie gave me a scarf that she knifty knitted (under the pretense that it was for her!) and also 2 beautiful beaded bracelets. I must say the girl has better fashion sense than I do!

I've been cleaning in the kitchen. I know, I know, it's not a birthday kind of thing to do. However, my oven has been fuming the last few times we used it, so I sprayed it with caustic oven cleaner last night that had me gagging. I wiped it down & it needed more spray, so now we are all choking, or just avoiding the kitchen. I'd tried a more "gentle" cleaner but it didn't do the job. Plus it made my food taste like what I think cleaner must taste like (I have no personal experience, for the record). Phil sent me an hilarious e-card and has offered to REALLY clean the kitchen. I'm doing the top surface stuff. He says he will actually make counter space for me. THAT would be nice! He's also forewarned me that things will be thrown away. Thus, I must go in there first & salvage anything of value!

Since we ate out for his birthday on Tuesday night, I'm cooking tonight, but picked up some steak & potatoes, so we'll be set. I need to go put some kind of marinade on them now.

You know how people will say, "It's hard to believe I'm (insert age here). I don't FEEL that old." Well, I can honestly say I don't feel 43. I feel much more like 63! I guess the achiness the past few days (where every muscle hurts), is from fibromyalgia. This is new to me, so I'm just figuring out that there is a reason I feel that way & it isn't all in my imagination. Today I feel better, though, so will enjoy the energy while it's here!

I have two birthday twins I want to send greetings to, also: Happy Birthday Jeanne! Happy Birthday Karen!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: