Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Funny Valentine

Another day when I've slept more & don't need to get up early I'll share about our Valentine's party. I just had to write about what Bethany did. Yesterday at Wal-Mart she picked up a bag of Dove Chocolates. You know, the really creamy melt-in-your-mouth kind? She asked, "Doesn't Mrs. Tuscher like chocolate?" Mrs. Tuscher is my friend, and her daughter Sara is one of Bethany's best friends. I said, "Yes, she does." B, "Can I get her this bag of Dove Chocolates?" Me, "Yes, that is SO sweet of you!" B, "Well, she's like my 2nd mother." Natalie then has to say something (okay, so Natalie HAS to say something every 5 seconds, so this isn't news), "Mrs. Clark & Mrs. Wagnon are MY 2nd moms. I'm like the Wagnon's......" I could tell she was trying to figure out what number daughter she would be. The Wagnons have 4 girls & a boy! We checked out & went on our merry way. On the way home from dinner tonight, Bethany said, "I have something else for you at home, Mama." I really had NO idea what it was. I assumed it was a craft, though she gave me a card she made earlier today. She handed me a wrapped present. It felt lumpy, so I said, "I think it's some of your rocks." She's been known to collect those. She told me it wasn't heavy enough. I opened the package & it was those Dove Chocolates! She actually tricked me & surprised me with those! I laughed & told her how sweet that was and how clever. She said, "Well, I didn't think Daddy was going to take us anywhere to get you something." She was right about THAT!

So, there you have a Bethany story for the day.

And a quick Natalie story. We ate in Blanco with Phil's mom & my parents at a BBQ place. They use butcher block rather than plates. We sat down & Natalie said, "This is a SLOPPY place!" My oh so messy girls didn't like NOT having a plate!

Good night!

No comments: