Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mom started Physical Therapy

We went to see Mom today & she was awake. Well, mainly awake. She had physical therapy earlier today. Dad and Greg (my brother) said she fell asleep between exercises! I think she must have a low tolerance to pain meds. She had a machine on her leg today that makes it bend at a certain angle. Today it got up to a 50 degree bend. The max is 120 degrees. It's on for 6 hours a day now. She'll go home with that. Not sure if she'll use it for 6 hours each time at home or not. She got to eat real food, too! It looked quite delicious, unlike what I expected to see.

With my dad, brother & I all together, the male nurse that was in there laughed at how "supportive" we were. He was discussing her going home & asked if she'd be going home in a non-emergency medical transport or if Dad would take her home. I said, "You can just slide her into the back of the pick-up." Greg said they could get a ramp & just roll her up into there. Dad started talking about the moving trucks from his years as a moving company manager. The nurse laughed & said, "What supportive family you have. They might as well bring in Hannibal Lecter." (If you are like me, and haven't seen Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal Lecter is a really bad dude in the movie; apparently his eating habits rhymed with his name.)

We went to Chick-Fil-A with Dad & Greg after the hospital. Mom, Greg, the girls & I ate there last year when Dad was in the hospital. I asked who was going into the hospital next year so we could eat at Chick-Fil-A again. Though, I really hope maybe next year we can ALL eat together!

Today was a long day for us with homeschool co-op then the later activities. Hoping for a good night's rest for all.

No comments: