Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Little Secret!

I have some news to share. Here's a hint:


Don't worry, that isn't inside of ME! It's our new GREAT nephew or niece/cousin! My nephew & niece-in-law, Nils & Katie, are expecting their first baby in late July! We were asked not to share the news until ALL the soon to be grandparents were told in person. That involved waiting for the "kids" to take a trip to Missouri. They are back, so I am feeling at liberty to share this!

Nils is the oldest grandchild of all of his grandparents (including steps), and, of course, the oldest child of his parents. This will be the first great grandchild for all of his grandparents. I am not sure if Katie is the oldest grandchild or not, but this will be the first grandchild on both Nils' and Katie's sides of the family. A very exciting event, indeed!

I don't know if they realize that in our family we have 2 special birthdays towards the end of July: My Grammie, Elsie Lindgren Berggren Anderson, was born on July 20, 1906. She went to be with the Lord in 1996, just a few months before our second special birthday: our Bethany was born on July 25, 1996. Before Grammie died, she said, "Lori is having a baby boy on my birthday!" She was wrong on both counts, but it made me SURE we were having a boy! We think it would be just too cool if the baby comes on July 25th!

To find more about our new baby, currently being called "Bean" (this seems to be the new term for babies early in utero---it is always fun when my friend whose last name is "Green" is pregnant---Green Bean, then she has a Green Baby), visit their website: http://nilsandkatieplusone.blogspot.com/ I thought the title was a really clever play on the popular show "John and Kate plus 8!"

No comments: