Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Baby is TEN!

I SHOULD have a picture of our beautiful 10 year old daughter on her birthday. We always have the camera with us. Well, we USUALLY do. Since I was in charge of pies, pies and more pies, I thought Phil would grab the camera. I even thought I saw it in his hand when he got in the van, so I didn't ask about it. I should have! I think my dad took some pictures, but he hasn't sent them to us yet. So...I guess these pictures will have to do.

Natalie came into this world the day after Thanksgiving, November 27th, 1998. She wasn't due for three more weeks. She's always been in a hurry! She was the skinniest baby we'd ever seen, but as this picture of her around 3 months shows, she didn't take long to catch up!



She's always been our fun loving child. She's the one who keeps us laughing, when she isn't causing our hair to turn gray way too rapidly. EVERYTHING must be done NOW and she MUST know all the details. In her mind, that is. My dad has been called Boss-Boss, my dear niece, Boss Junior, so Natalie is Baby Boss!



Natalie has long had an affection for most animals. Pigs were her first obsession. She then switched to loving dogs. You know how some people start to look like their pets? We don't have one, but I think she's taken to the neighbors' dogs.



Natalie loves to help cook, or really bake. She has come to several Pampered Chef shows and helped me. Here she is one year in full gear.


Natalie is a beautiful girl whose heart becomes sweeter each year. When she isn't being competitive (I would not put it past her to run for some kind of office one day, just so she could win), she is VERY helpful. She has to take on the role of Big Sister at times because of Bethany's Asperger Syndrome and social delays. Natalie has been working towards being a teenager for a long time, it seems! When I joke with her that I'll let her drive somewhere this time, she gladly accepts! LOL! Hopefully we'll have some birthday pictures to share with you soon. She definitely gives us another reason to be thankful each day of the year!

No comments: