Wednesday, November 7, 2007

From my Parents' house

The girls & I drove to my folks' house tonight. They live about 30 miles away in a smaller town than us (New Braunfels). Mom & I will begin tackling 2 flower girl dresses for my niece's wedding on the 24th of this month. I haven't even measured the girls or cut out fabric. YIKES!

We were greeted by sad news. When we arrived, Dad told us that their 93 year old neighbor, Woody, had been taken to the hospital and then we got a call a bit later that he had died. He & his wife Edna had been married over 60 years. I think over 65 years. He JUST turned 93 this past weekend. He & Edna were over here at my parents' house last night & everyone was having a great time. He'd only started losing memory a bit in the past year or so, I think. Last night they said he was very clear thinking & joking with everyone. Dad said he was glad that Woody had a wonderful fun time on his last night. Apparently, he collapsed tonight completely unexpectedly. He had an aneurism, so we think that must be the cause. It was a reminder that each day is a gift from God.

Now off to bed so we can be the sewing Smiths tomorrow. (I was a Smith before I was a Garrison).

No comments: