Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Costumes

The only 2 parts of Halloween I like are the costumes & snitching candy when the kids aren't looking. LOL! Though, at 13 & nearly 11, they notice if I snitch, but they also are more generous & share more readily with us. They know what I can & can't have, so they are careful to offer me only gluten free candies. Not that I NEED any of it!

For the costumes, that is always fun. We steer clear of anything scary or in any form related to the death culture that is so prevalent this time of year. I only have permission to show the faces of my kids, so I've blurred out the faces of our friends in these.


We added the hat to Nat's candy corn outfit. Do you know how many times I've called it a candy cane or cotton candy outfit? Where are the brain cells when you need them? I'll take a shot of the shoes if I remember.

Bethany was a fairy. She is quite pixie like in stature, so it worked well. This dress is a "pass down" as Bethany calls them from some of our friends who were with us tonight. She started with rather simple wings & added details to them.
We added the hat to Nat's candy corn outfit. Do you know how many times I've called it a candy cane or cotton candy outfit? Where are the brain cells when you need them? I'll take a shot of the shoes if I remember.
Here is the whole gang. I lightened the background so you could see Darth Vader. My husband saw the picture & immediately started breathing like DV & asked if the child did that. In the group picture you can get an idea of the size of the ipod. That was by far the favorite among everyone! She came up with it herself & designed it! Here are pics of the front & back. Cute isn't it?

I guess I should say there are 3 things I like about Halloween. My mom's birthday is October 31st! I made a pumpkin cake (with fresh pumpkin & full of gluten, so not sure how it tasted) and a gluten free chocolate sheet cake. Yum! That's my dad on the end. He makes a good Santa! There are MIL's arms in the shot---LOL! And Natalie with very curly hair.
For those who read my craft blog, you know that we hid my mom's gift. We bought it not long after we moved in, so when she came over to help us unpack one day, I hid her gift. Do you think I could find an item in November that was hidden in July? Nope. So, she got a different gift with the hope of getting this one for Christmas. LOL!

I am so tired. Glad for that extra hour tonight!

No comments: