Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Would you like some BBQ sauce with those ribs?

Last night when I was trying to find info about "Severed Ribs" all I got were articles on how to butcher a cow or pig! I think we might need to have some BBQ ribs in honor of Phil. I'll be sure the ones he gets are cracked.

Joking aside, he did NOT go to the hospital after all. I took him to the imaging center where they did some ct scans higher in the rib cage. In addition to the severed rib, he has 2 more that are "just" cracked. The doctor said that even with the one that is severed, there is nothing they can do for it. He said it will realign itself in time. Phil did get a "rib band" to try to hold it in and keep the pain down some. He coughed tonight & scared us as he yelled, "I HATE COUGHING!" When he was through, he said, "I'm not mad at you. It just hurts to cough." Poor guy.

He & my dad drove out to Boerne to retrieve the motorcycle. Wish we'd had a "Get out of jail free" card, but no such luck. They brought it home and Phil fixed the chain so they could roll it down the ramp. With the chain off the tires wouldn't turn, so it had to be lifted into the trailer. THEN, I found out that Phil had the nerve to RIDE it down the street & back. I told him it's a good thing we signed a hefty life insurance policy on him if he's going to keep this up. Alas, I knew I married a "high risk" husband when he took me up in small planes on our second date. I do believe I felt safer in a small plane than on the back of a motorcycle, though.

As for the rest of us, we are just tired & cranky. This is Bethany's birthday week. I don't have the energy to get excited about doing something fun on her b-day & haven't even sent out invites for her party, which we plan to have on the 2nd. I'm still trying to figure this all out. I do know they are going to be before midnight tonight!

Thanks for continued prayers as he heals up. And for a 2 x 4 to knock him "upside the head" with a bucket full of sense! LOL!

And for those who wondered, the Taco Bell manager called & they have a dollar for Phil. tee-hee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, are you going to go get the dollar? LOL