Saturday, April 26, 2014

Third Day---more boring yada yada yada about kidney stone recovery

Today is my third day on the lithotripsy trip. Last night I slept fairly solidly from 12:30 a.m. until 5:30 a.m. After that I tried to go back to sleep, but wasn't able to, so I got up & ate something around 9:30. I was able to sleep from 10 til noon.

I was able to get out of bed without feeling like I would come unglued. I am still very sore, but it's much more tolerable today so far. My throat is still hurting, so I'll keep doing what I can to help that.

The other day after the heavy doses of anethesia and after feeling so dizzy from the fluid in my ears, I thought I would never want to take hydrocodone again. My pain was bad late on Thursday, though, so I did end up taking 1/2 a hydrocodone, then a few hours later taking the other half. I've realized that my dizziness wasn't due to the hydrocodone, but rather the fluid, so I don't mind it as much at least at night time when I am trying to sleep anyway.

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm blogging this mostly as a journal and to help anyone else who is going through the trial of kidney stones to read about my journey. So this next part is strictly for medical purposes ;). I have passed quite a few pieces of the stone so far. I have to catch it in a strainer then put the pieces into a sterile container to take to the doctor.

I'm planning on doing more of nothing today which has been my routine this week. I'm antsy to do something, but my body won't let me. I suspect a good nap is in the works while my family hits Six Flags. That's okay, I'd rather be napping than on a roller coaster!

Have a good Saturday.

No comments: