Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Birthday Nils!

Just want to wish my nephew Nils a HAPPY Birthday! It's his last year of his 20's. Wow, I can't believe it was 29 years ago that I was a teenager waiting in the hospital to become an AUNT! My friend Denise was with me. His mom's younger brother, Tommy, was there, too. Of course the anxious grandparents (this was a first for all of them) were waiting for the big moment. I guess teens get bored easily, and Denise & I had some free passes to Astroworld, a now non-existent amusement park. Tommy was WAY older than we were (probably about 2 years older & we thought he was SO old & cool---LOL!) and had a car. Guess what the 3 of us did since this baby was taking so long to be born? Yep, we took off for Astroworld! By the time we got back the baby was finally here. Apparently this big moment stuck with Tommy, whom I'm sure goes by Tom now, because at my niece's wedding a year & a half ago, we discussed this piece of history!

Nils has a big year ahead of him. He & his wife Katie just moved into a house they had built and they are expecting their first child, Emery Jewell, a sweet little girl.

Nils, the Garrisons wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And celebrate all weekend. You get to do that when you have a Friday birthday!

No comments: