Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Maxed out on Meds

I must be some kind of druggy. Yesterday the doctor told me I was "maxed out on meds." Okay, she meant I am maxed out on what I can do for allergies with medication. This isn't new news. I take medicine for allergies at night & in the morning, plus some for asthma. But I've had a sinus infection for a couple of weeks now & the antibiotic I took last week didn't do much. I felt better on Saturday & went out with the girls delivering Girl Scout cookies on Saturday. Then BOOM! On Sunday I felt bad again & had fever. So, yesterday I got a steroid shot & she put me on a pack of steroids and Augmentin.

The antibiotics last week made my stomach sick. I know Augmentin does that, too, so am loading up on yogurt. I told the doctor that out of the "BRAT" diet (bananas, rice, applesauce & toast), I could only do RICE all weekend: plain rice, toast made of rice flour bread, rice with chicken broth, pretzels made with rice flour. I can't have wheat (no regular toast for me) and we were out of both applesauce and bananas. I was glad to go to Wal-Mart at widen my menu!

The girls are at co-op today. My precious friend Kathy took them for me. She also taught Middle School cooking all alone (while I was napping). I've been resting & watching TV shows I really didn't know about or just never watch. If it isn't on Disney, Nick, Food Network, or Fox News, or if it doesn't have motorcycles or other action in it, it's likely not on our TV. Well, we DO watch America's Funniest Videos when we catch it on TV. Of course, the fact that we are typically homeschooling this time of day may have something to do with it, too. Today I've seen some show that I'm sure was a series at one point with 5 kids and the mom had twin baby boys in this episode. I've also watched game shows. I actually new ONE answer. LOL! The chemical element in diamonds is .......carbon! Funny that I knew a SCIENCE question, since that's my worst subject.

And that's as exciting as it gets here. I am using the time to crochet & to make cards, between naps. Hope everyone reading this is having a healthy day!

No comments: