Wednesday, May 21, 2008

At my age....

Today I told the girls that at my age, Mammaw (my mom) was a grandmother. Actually, I started with, "Did you know Daddy & I are old enough to be grandparents?" Then I explained the ages that our parents were when they became grandparents. Natalie said, "You'll be OLD when you become grandparents!" Um, yeah, we will! But you know what? No matter how old I am, Phil will always be older! Tee-hee!

This all came to mind because my friend Stephanie is turning 30 this month. We are going to celebrate her special day tomorrow evening. She's has felt a little anxious about this momentous change in date, but I reminded her that she'll feel really young tomorrow night (I know some of the other guests & we are all older than she is). She said she has intentionally surrounded herself by older friends for that reason. But in a valiant attempt to make me feel better said, "I am drawn to the older & wiser ones." Steph, when you reach my age, you will have an 18 year old, a 15 year old and a 14 year old. YOU will one day be a YOUNG, COOL, HIP Grandma!!! You are a young, cool, hip friend! Happy Birthday Month!

No comments: