Sunday, November 29, 2009

My brother's grandbaby


I just had to share this adorable picture of my brother, my sister-in-law and their sweet 4 month old grandbaby. Isn't she just a doll? I mean the baby, though my SIL is pretty, too! My dad (the great granddad) pulled out the Big Wheel that my nephew & niece, then my kids, rode as young children, and put the baby on it. That was pretty funny. Later in the day the baby sat in this cute little seat they have now for babies that supports them and is all soft foam. My niece & my SIL sat on the floor seeing whose singing the baby liked best (apparently they still have the step-daughter, step-mother competitions going on---LOL). My SIL has a beautiful trained voice she has used in Operas in Houston and multiple other musicals and choirs. My niece has a beautiful natural talent voice. However, she was singing in an opera style, which was just hilarious. The baby kept looking at them. She did smile at her Aunt Becky a few times. My 13 year old daughter suggested we sing ABC or counting songs to help her learn the letters and numbers. Being the kick-off to Christmas, we broke into the Twelve Days of Christmas, which was pretty hysterical when my brother (who also has a natural great voice, but also does impressions in speaking & singing) chimed in with this really deep sounding voice. None of us knew the order of words past 8 maids a milking, so it just got sillier as we went along. By the end the baby started fussing, so I think she'd had enough!

We had a fun day with family & then yesterday celebrated our 11 year old's birthday. I'll post more about that when we download the pictures. Where is that camera?

By the way, yes, my brother is THAT tall---he's 6'7". AND, does anyone else know the Muppet version of 12 days of Christmas where Miss Piggy sings, "FIVE GOLDEN RINGS....BUH-DUH-BUM-BUM....?" They looked at me like I had 2 heads when I sang that part. Here it is on You-Tube, but she doesn't say it til the 10th stanza & then the next 2. I think it's pretty funny!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving remembering our gracious Lord who gives us so many reasons to give thanks.

No comments: