Thursday in the U.S. will be the day we celebrate Thanksgiving. For what are you especially thankful this year?
Here's a list from me.
- First, I'm thankful for a God who loves me more than I can fathom, for His Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit to guide and direct us.
- I'm thankful for my family, from my immediate family of husband and two beautiful girls, to my extended family. We'll have a houseful at my mom's & dad's this week from my dad at age 74 to my great niece at age 4 months.
- I'm thankful for my friends, those I've known for many years and those I've only known a short while. I'm thankful for those I know in real life & those I only know through this little box called a computer.
- I'm thankful for a bigger house this year. I can breathe!
- I'm thankful that I can find gluten free food more readily each time I go shopping.
- I'm thankful for a relatively healthy life.
- I'm thankful that I can homeschool my children.
- I'm thankful that we live in a country where we can worship as we choose. I especially think of this one when I remember the first "Pilgrims," who wanted to escape the tyranny of the King of England at the time.
- I'm thankful for the Native Americans who first lived in this land and for my European ancestors who came MUCH later to live here.
- I'm thankful for indoor plumbing. Yes, 13 years after coming back to the US from Africa, I STILL am thankful for indoor plumbing. And THREE toilets in the same house! Woo-hoo!