Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Autism Awareness Month


April is autism awareness month. Every day is autism awareness day at our house. Our 13 year old has Asperger Syndrome, a high functioning autism. Today we had Girl Scouts (where we have 3 girl "Aspies"; I've dubbed them the 3 Aspieteers), then some of us went to eat ice cream. At one point I looked up to see one of the Aspie girls standing just outside the window & my Aspie girl inside. The one on the outside was pretending to climb the window & mine was inside mimicking her movements. Such fun. LOL!

That girl's mom sent me a link to some funny t-shirts. If you know someone with autism, you might enjoy seeing these, too.








That one just cracks me up!

One I would not wear, but have thought on occasion:
And my all time favorite, but I want it to say "Autistic" instead of special needs:
If you want to see a small scrapbook page I did with autism awareness you can visit my craft blog HERE.

No comments: