Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A life goal reached---I think!

Some of you have heard me say that one of my goals in life is to make a gluten-free crescent roll. Now, this is not nearly as deep as seeing millions come to know Jesus or as glamorous as traveling around the world, but for me, a Celiac who happens to be a Pampered Chef consultant, this is HUGE! Do you know how many Pillsbury tubes I have opened in the past 7 years? Do you realize that for the past several, I could not partake of the things that I prepared? Okay, so mostly I never eat at shows anyway, but I had to SMELL this food knowing I could not go home & make my own. No canned cream soup, either, but that's another story for another day.

I am just ITCHING to teach people about meal planning, saving money on foods, and showing them the tools that will change how they cook and make them WANT to cook at home. That's pretty much what I do for a living---or a not-so-substantial part of our household income this summer. I was looking up meal plans on line. I thought, "Hmmm, I wonder if there are any gluten-free meal plans out there," so, being the queen of all things Google, I typed in "gluten free meal planner." My intelligence is quite amazing, isn't it? tee-hee.

One of the links that popped up was called Gluten Free Gobsmacked (click on the link & you can see this too!). Much like the Mouse and the Cookie of children's literature, when you give this girl a link, she'll keep clicking until she finds herself traveling around the world on the internet (a rather inexpensive form of travel, I might add). I found.....are you sitting.....oh, you probably are if you are reading this at a computer, huh? That wasn't a complete sentence, but this isn't a grammar class, so here goes.....a GLUTEN FREE CROISSANT recipe! YES, I did! Here is a link to the recipe. She has other recipe ideas on there, too, ALL gluten free!

I haven't tried it yet, and the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the roll, but I am just tickled pink thinking that someone has gone before me and created this! Yippee!

No comments: