Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Fruit Flies----a tool of the devil

I am convinced that fruit flies are on a mission from the devil. They serve no purpose as far as I'm concerned, other than to spread nastiness all over our house. We have had a plague of them this past week or so. I have done all the things you are supposed to do: put out apple cider vinegar/soap traps, cleaned thoroughly, put any potential breeding ground that we found in the fridge, and Phil has resorted to the vacuum---just suck 'em in! Today I found the breeding ground. In the laundry room there is a box of clothes waiting to be washed. Somehow some fruit or vegetable got left in there. I only discovered this when I found a multitude of fruit flies in there, lifted some of the clean clothes that had been put on top, and discovered a nasty nest. That's when I pulled out the big guns: RAID! I sprayed the box (the clothes will be washed anyway) and everything that had any signs of ff's on them. Now we are off to get sticky fly strips!

Remember when Eve ate from the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good & evil & shared it with Adam? Remember how they got kicked out of the Garden of Eden because of that sly serpent & their following him? Remember how it was a FRUIT tree? I am SURE there were no fruit flies until after they ate that fruit & got kicked out. See? Fruit flies ARE a tool of the devil! :O

No comments: